APTA understands the importance for our members to experience and learn from public transportation entities abroad. It is our goal to offer opportunities overseas to increase awareness of best practices, new technologies, and lessons learned from other countries.
These APTA-conducted missions are designed for both private and public sector members where they travel to certain regions of the globe to focus on a particular subject relevant to the transit industry, such as fare collection, bus rapid transit, high-speed rail, and more. Suggestions are always welcome!
For questions about APTA study missions, contact Petra Mollet at (202) 496-4852 or email@example.com.
New APTA Study Mission
- 2020 International Study Mission – Upscaling Bus Electrification: The Road to a Zero-Emission Fleet – Amsterdam, Cologne, and Paris – POSTPONED
Past APTA Study Missions
- 2019 International Study Mission – Integrated Mobility: Being Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) Ready – Vienna, Hamburg, Helsinki – June 2-8, 2019
- 2018 International Study Mission – Innovative Infrastructure Development and Implementation – Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver – July 22-27, 2018
- 2017 International Study Mission – Safety Culture, State of Good Repair, Innovative Operations – Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo
- 2015 International Study Mission – Innovative Funding & Financing – London, Stockholm and Munich
- Fare Collections – Asia (2008)
Continuing a tradition of exploring and learning from public transportation systems around the globe, APTA conducted a study mission to Hong Kong, Seoul, Korea, and Tokyo, Japan in June 2008. Both public and private sector APTA members embarked on the ten-day trip focused on fare collection with an emphasis on electronic payment systems and innovations.