Washington, D.C.- The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) announced its 2017-2018 Executive Committee at the 2017 APTA Annual Meeting & EXPO on October 7 in Atlanta, GA.
The new APTA chair is Nathaniel P. Ford Sr., Chief Executive Officer, Jacksonville Transportation Authority, Jacksonville, FL. Ford Sr., succeeds Doran J. Barnes, the Executive Director of Foothill Transit, West Covina, CA.
David M. Stackrow Sr., Chairman of the Capital District Transportation Authority, Albany, NY, was elected vice chair, and Kim R. Green, Executive Director of Business Development for GENFARE of Elk Grove Village, IL will continue serving as secretary-treasurer.
The following executive committee and board of director members joining those serving on-going terms are:
David M. Stackrow Sr.
Immediate Past Chair
New Executive Committee
- Doug Allen, Chief Executive Officer, Virginia Railway Express, Alexandria, VA;
- Lester Bryant, Board Secretary, VIA Metropolitan Transit, San Antonio, TX;
- Frederick L. Daniels, Treasurer, Board of Directors, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, Atlanta, GA;
- Carolyn Flowers, Senior Vice President, AECOM, Los Angeles, CA;
- David Genova, General Manager and Chief Executive Officer, Regional Transportation District, Denver, CO;
- Andre Gibson, Board Vice Chairman, Memphis Area Transit Authority, Memphis, TN;
- Andrew Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, Urbana, IL;
- Adelee Marie Le Grand, Chief Strategy Officer and Vice-President transit planning, Regional Transit Authority, New Orleans, LA;
- Jack Martinson, Vice President/Customer Director, ALSTOM Transportation Inc., New York, NY;
- Baccara Sanderson Mauldin, Vice Chair, Birmingham Jefferson County Transit Authority, Birmingham, AL;
- Diana C. Mendes, Mid-Atlantic Div. President & National/Rail Market Sector Leader, HNTB Corp., Arlington, VA;
- Brad Miller, Chief Executive Officer, Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority, St. Petersburg, FL;
- Leanne Redden, Executive Director, Regional Transportation Authority, Chicago, IL; and
- William Thomsen, President and CEO, Urban Engineers of New York, D.P.C., New York, NY.
New APTA Board of Directors (Three-year terms):
- Michael Allegra, President, Kiv Allegra Consulting, Salt Lake City, UT;
- David Cangany, General Manager & CEO, South Bend Public Transportation Corp., South Bend, IN;
- Samuel Desue, Chief Operating Officer/Senior Vice President, Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, Kansas City, MO;
- Dawn Distler, Director of Transit, Knoxville Area Transit, Knoxville, TN;
- Sue Dreier, Chief Executive Officer, Pierce County Public Transportation Benefit Area Authority Corporation, Lakewood, WA;
- Stanley Feinsod, Western Regional Manager, SYSTRA, San Francisco, CA;
- John C. Fink, III, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Wabtec Corporation, Wilmerding, PA;
- Michael D. Jones, Assistant General Manager, Human Resources, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, San Francisco, CA;
- Susannah Kerr Adler, Vice President and General Manager, Northeast Operations, CH2M, Washington, DC;
- Jeanne Krieg, Chief Executive Officer, Eastern Contra Costa Transit Authority, Antioch, CA;
- Robert Lamanna, Director, Global Accounts, BAE Systems, Endicott, NY;
- Brian Lamb, General Manager, Metro Transit, Minneapolis, MN;
- Henry Li, General Manager/CEO, Sacramento Regional Transit District, Sacramento, CA;
- Jill Massonne, Marketing Manager-Transit, Allison Transmission, Indianapolis, IN;
- Angela Miller, Director, Global Customer Solutions, Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc., San Diego, CA;
- Mary Jo Morandini, General Manager, Beaver County Transit Authority, Rochester, PA;
- Bryan P. Mulqueen, Senior Vice President, Global Director of Transit and Rail, Gannett Fleming, Raleigh, NC;
- Liz O’Neil, Acting General Manager/Chief Executive Officer, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, Atlanta, GA;
- Scott Sherin, Vice President, Strategy & Marketing, Alstom Transportation Inc., New York, NY;
- Neil D. Tamppari, Director Bus HVAC, Thermo King Corporation, Minneapolis, MN;
- William Tsuei, Director of Information Technology, Access Services, El Monte, CA; and
- JC Vannatta, Director, Communications & Marketing, Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon, Portland, OR.
# # #
The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) is a nonprofit international association of 1,500 public and private sector organizations, engaged in the areas of bus, paratransit, light rail, commuter rail, subways, waterborne services, and intercity and high-speed passenger rail. This includes: transit systems; planning, design, construction, and finance firms; product and service providers; academic institutions; transit associations and state departments of transportation. APTA is the only association in North America that represents all modes of public transportation. APTA members serve the public interest by providing safe, efficient and economical transit services and products.