CHIEF AUDITOR CONNECTING COMMUNITIES AND ENHANCING LIVES
Located in metro Phoenix, Arizona, Valley Metro is an integral part of a fast-growing region that operates a multi-modal, regional transit system including successful light rail, bus and paratransit systems. With a mission of connecting communities and enhancing lives, the agency is responsible for the planning and operations of a regional bus system with 100 routes and the development and operations of 28 miles of light rail. In Fiscal Year 2018, total ridership for the bus and rail systems was 67 million passengers. Six high capacity transit extensions are being planned or under construction that will create a 50-mile system by 2030. Valley Metro also offers alternative transportation programs for seniors and people with disabilities, as well as employer work-site travel reduction support including 400 commuter vanpools, online carpool matching and employer telework assistance.
Chief Auditor – $93,182.00 – $139,773.00
The Chief Auditor is responsible for deveoping, planning and managing Valley Metro’s Internal Audit function and ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the agency’s business and financial operations. This position works collaboratively with Valley Metro senior management to assist in ensuring there are effective and efficient policies and procedures utilized, and that all staff are complying with Valley Metro policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
Valley Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (PS101424)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
Salary Range: $125,153.60 – $151,257.60 annually, plus benefits (40-hour workweek)
Employee pays up to 7% of salary/wage toward CalPERS retirement plan
Failure To Meet Any Of The Requirements Stated Below May Result In Rejection Of Your Application
To Apply: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
The District’s primary and official means of application notification is via EMAIL. Thus, applicants are advised to check their email for their application status updates.
The Following Document(s) Must Be Submitted At Time Of Application:
1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application
2. Resume – Attach as PDF to your online application
3. A copy of your California P.E. License – Attach as PDF to your online application
The Selection Process For This Position may include:
• Assessment of education, training, and experience
• Oral Panel interview
• Department interview for final candidates
***The District will invite Only those candidates whose qualifications Most Closely Match the position requirements to continue in the selection process.
SENIOR TRANSIT & TRANSPORTATION PLANNER
THE ATLANTA-REGION TRANSIT LINK AUTHORITY
The Atlanta-Region Transit Link Authority has an opening for a Senior Transit & Transportation Planner. The job announcement is below. May the notice be added to the current or next publication? If so, may we be invoiced?
Senior Transit & Transportation Planner
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2020 – Closing Date: Nov 6, 2020
Primary Location: GA-Fulton-Atlanta
Number of Openings: 1
Advertised Salary: $70K to $80K annually
Reporting to the Chief Planning Officer, this position will be responsible for performing a variety of transit and transportation planning work activities of the Atlanta-region Transit Link Authority (ATL) and the Authority’s affiliated entities, the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA) and the State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA). Work activities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with planning analysis and report preparation for multimodal planning issues and topics;
• Helping with managing regional transit planning projects;
• Coordinating, reviewing, and providing recommendations for developments of regional impact (DRIs) submitted to GRTA;
• Leading outreach efforts for a variety of audiences and stakeholder interest groups and to the public;
• Establishing, monitoring, and controlling project schedules and project budgets as assigned;
• Assisting with the management of projects and tasks assigned to employees, consultants, contractors, suppliers, and vendors;
• Developing tools, systems, and processes for carrying out the regional transit and DRI programs and planning responsibilities.
View the full job announcement at:
VICE PRESIDENT, BUS OPERATIONS
SACRAMENTO REGIONAL TRANSIT DISTRICT
How would you like to work for a progressive transportation agency, alongside a committed staff, in one of the most beautiful areas of the country? KL2 Connects LLC has been retained by SacRT to identify candidates for the position of Vice President, Bus Operations. SacRT is the 2019 national TSA Gold Standard Security Award recipient for the highest standard of excellence and is the regional transit provider in the capital of California. The District operates over 80 bus routes (fixed, microtransit and dial-a-ride), 43 miles of light rail serving 52 light rail stations, and ADA paratransit services — all within a 400 square-mile service area.
Reporting directly to the General Manager/CEO, and a member of the Executive Management Team (EMT), the Vice President is responsible for providing executive leadership over all areas of bus operations and maintenance. This position will oversee senior management staff responsible for bus operators, maintenance staff, and maintenance and transportation supervisor training; ensure that all assets are maintained in a reliable and safe condition; ensure that revenue vehicles are available to meet service demands and that vehicles are kept clean; and ensure that fleet replacement plans are kept up to date and implemented. The incumbent will ensure continuous improvement by identifying and developing operational strategies for quality, cost-effective performance, safety, and a positive customer experience. The position will be responsible for SacRT’s paratransit operations and innovative new services like microtransit services, contracted services, and the operational transition to zero emission vehicle technology. The Vice President will collaborate with other EMT members to ensure successful transit service delivery and strategic system development; act as a top level advisor to the General Manager/CEO; and coordinate with community partners and stakeholders over issues of service expansion, reduction, and service quality.
This position requires a combination of education and/or experience providing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position’s essential functions (SacRT reserves the right to determine such equivalences), as well as broad professional or technical knowledge that is normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university. In addition, the position requires a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible public transportation operations management experience (preferably in a bus operations and maintenance environment).
This is an excellent opportunity that offers an attractive compensation, benefits, and relocation package. SacRT values equal opportunity at all levels — diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. To be considered, go to www.KL2connects.com/openings, upload your letter of interest, resume, salary expectations, and 4-5 professional references (preferably supervisory and including their name, title, phone, email address, and relationship to you). For additional information please contact Christian Kent at Christian@KL2connects.com. Thank you for your interest in SacRT!
SENIOR DIRECTOR,FACILIT IES MAINTENANCE (FACILITIES OPERATIONS)
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES CORPORATION (PTSC)
Basic Function: Directs the overall operation of the Facilities Maintenance Department and ensures consistent achievement of optimal levels of performance and accomplishments.
Requirements For Employment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
• Five years of relevant management-level experience in facilities maintenance and/or construction management; some positions in this class may require specialized experience in area of assignment
To apply, visit Metro’s website at https://www.metro.net/about/careers/and complete an online Employment Application
RAIL VEHICLE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
HAMPTON ROADS TRANSIT
Hampton Roads Transit is seeking a Rail Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor to assign, monitor and train technical personnel in connection with the inspection, maintenance, repair, installation and alteration of all Light Rail Vehicles (LRV) and sub-systems to ensure safe and reliable operation.
Oversee and execute maintenance actions within schedule and budget. Develop plans to meet unexpected situations, emergencies and unusual events. Performs inspections of LRV’s and sub-systems. Recommends and executes maintenance schedules and supervisory procedures. Oversees, reviews, and accepts or rejects work performance by contractors. Trains employees in the safe and efficient performance of LRV system maintenance and proper operation of equipment/tooling. Responsible for monitoring productivity and quality of maintenance personnel performance. Develop, administer and maintain records of instruction programs for safety, preventative maintenance and shop equipment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Lead and supervise maintenance repair, troubleshooting, rebuilds and overhaul of LRV’s. Provide technical training and guidance for maintenance personnel in the diagnosis, repair, preventive maintenance and service of LRV’s. Able to read and interpret construction plans, specification and electronic, electrical and electromechanical schematics, and diagrams.
Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn the SPEAR Maintenance Management System
Associates Degree/Vocational Training certificate in the Electrical/Electronic technical field and 4 years of related trade experience with a Journeymen electrician license. OR High School Diploma/GED with 6 years of related trade experience.
CDL or CLP class B with air brake and passenger endorsement.
Apply online at www.gohrt.com/transitcareers/
Hampton Roads Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SAN JOAQUIN REGIONAL TRANSIT DISTRICT (RTD)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary starting at $77,165 to $118,005 (DOQ)
Under general or policy direction, plans, organizes, participates in, manages, and evaluates the work of San Joaquin Regional Transit District (RTD) Purchasing department and Contracts Administration; performs, reviews, and monitors RTD purchases to ensure compliance with applicable laws, codes and policies; establishes, develops, and maintains positive supplier relationships; and performs related duties as assigned. Excellent writing skills are essential to successful performance in this position.
In order to learn more about this position, and to apply online, please visit: http://sanjoaquinrtd.com/careers/
Thank you for your interest in this position.
LONG BEACH TRANSIT
Thank you for your interest in working for Long Beach Transit. As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we regret to inform you that all LBT job applications must be submitted online. We are taking this step out of an abundance of caution.
Thank you for your understanding.
Under the direction of the Infrastructure Manager, the Supervisor plans and coordinates the facilities and equipment maintenance program and supervises the Facilities Technicians and Custodians for Long Beach Transit (LBT). This position is responsible for the daily upkeep, proper functioning and enhancement of all assigned LBT buildings, grounds and equipment.
Open Until Filled
• Plans, monitors, trains, disciplines and supervises a staff engaged in daily cleaning and maintenance of the buildings, structures, grounds and related equipment
• Coordinates with Managers and Supervisors regarding their needs and priorities for facilities maintenance and repair, and schedules work accordingly
• Estimates costs and selects the most cost-effective methods of accomplishing the work
• Monitors records, invoices, permits and contracts with vendors to assure product and equipment specification compliance
• Creates requisitions, work orders and performs other business functions within the agencys enterprise software system
• Develops, implements, coordinates and updates a preventive maintenance program and maintains the policies, procedures and/or manuals for repair, maintenance, servicing and other tasks associated with the program, including the equipment
• Identifies needs for materials and equipment, researches and recommends new products and equipment, and requests for acquisition
• Coordinates work of construction contractors, facilities repairs and modifications
• Administers provisions of the collective bargaining agreement with the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), Local 1277
• Prepares reports and correspondence
• Maintains adherence to regulations measures and interacts with officials and engages with employees responsible for compliance adherence
• Maintains personnel and staff adherence to all LBT Safety programs and procedures
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Attributes And Skill Sets:
• Consider the “Customer First” in decision making
• Operate with integrity to promote and do what is in the best interest of LBT
• Be proactive and identify problems and seek solutions
• Possess interpersonal skills and be able to engage effectively with a diverse audience and work effectively as a team player
• Must have excellent task management work organization, and leadership skills
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to effectively respond to urgent facility needs
• Ability to diagnose facility issues and take corrective measures
• Knowledge of environmental compliance and waste management practices
Education And/Or Experience:
• Five years of experience in the maintenance of commercial or industrial facilities and equipment
• Three years of facility maintenance supervisory experience, preferably in a public sector environment
• Minimum of three years of experience in the oversight of construction projects
• High school diploma required, college degree highly preferred
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s license with an excellent driving record as evidenced by a current DMV (within 30 days) driving record
Working Conditions/Physical Activities
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Long Beach Transit provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
• Ability to fulfill the physical demands of the job such as walking, stooping, sitting, bending, climbing a ladder and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
• Work will at times require more than eight hours per day or an irregular work week to perform the essential duties of the position
• Duties will be performed primarily in a maintenance facility/office environment and will require travel to other locations and agencies
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.
Apply online at ridelbt.com/careers. Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas.
Hiring Range: $67,767.91 – $76,512.16 per year (DOQ), with excellent fringe benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass agency and Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, drug and alcohol examinations.
Long Beach Transit, 1963 E. Anaheim Street, Long Beach, CA 90813
SACRAMENTO REGIONAL TRANSIT DISTRICT
INTERNAL (ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMPLIANCE) AUDITOR
$101,124 – $141,600 Annually
(Plus Excellent Benefits)
The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate and oversee organizational risk assessment activities and complex financial, operational, compliance, programmatic contract and technology systems audits in accordance with accepted professional standards. The incumbent will ensure the integrity and efficiency of the District’s policies and practices, that internal controls are adequate in effectively managing business risks, that assets and revenues are protected, and the compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This position has authority and responsibility for working collaboratively with management staff at all levels to implement necessary changes or corrections and will maintain direct access to the General Manager as needed.
Final filing date: November 18, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. For complete information on positions and application filing instructions, please visit Sacramento Regional Transit District’s website at www.sacrt.com or contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298. SacRT encourages women and minorities to apply and will make reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants with disabilities.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action EOE/AA Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Chatham Area Transit Authority (CAT) is seeking proposals/bids for 2021-02 through 11/20/2020 at 2pm EST.
Prospective proposers/bidders can download this solicitation at https://www.catchacat.org/about-cat/doing-business/procurement/procurement-opportunities/.
For additional information, please contact Victor Colon, Procurement Manager, at 912-651-0453 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
RFP No. KRT2020-BUS REVENUE
The Kanawha Valley Regional Transportation Authority (KVRTA) is requesting proposals from qualified contractors that are interested in providing advertising, production, and installations of advertising space on its buses through a revenue generating bus-advertising contract.
The RFP documents and specifications may be obtained from the Purchasing Department, KVRTA, 1550 4th Avenue, Charleston, WV, 25312, telephone 304-343 3878, fax 304-345-6876 or email email@example.com. Proposals are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked, “Bus Advertising.” Proposals are due on or before 11:00 a.m., Monday, November 30, 2020.
KVRTA reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality in bidding on such basis as the Authority deems to be in its best interest. KVRTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion or national origin or any other category in consideration 1for an award.
RFP Schedule Revenue Contract
Advertisement Monday, November 2, 2020
Deadline for Protest to Contract Documents Before Bid Opening
Bid Opening Monday, November 30, 2020 at 11:00 am EST
Award Pending Board Approval
Deadline for Protest to Contract Award
10 working days after awardoping,
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
CITY OF GAINESVILLE, FL
Notice is hereby given that the City of Gainesville, Florida will receive electronic bid submittals for “Digital Signage and Content Management Software”, Request for Proposal #RTSX-210006-DS.
A pre-bid meeting will be held on November 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. (local time) via Zoom (download the solicitation for the access information). Only bid responses (in pdf format), uploaded electronically to DemandStar, before 3:00 p.m. (local time) on December 7, 2020 will be accepted. Paper copy submittals are not acceptable.
The City utilizes DemandStar to perform bid notification, document fulfillment, and e-bidding. Interested bidders may download our solicitations for free, but you must still register with DemandStar. They can be reached at 1-800-711-1712 or www.demandstar.com. For additional information please contact the Procurement Division at (352) 334-5021.
The City of Gainesville reserves the right to reject any and all electronic bids received in response to the Invitation to Bid as determined to be in the best interest of the City of Gainesville.
Daphyne Sesco, Procurement Specialist 3